RAR for macOS is a console application allowing to manage archive files in command line mode.
RAR provides compression, encryption, data recovery and many other functions described in this manual. RAR supports only RAR format archives, which have .rar file name extension by default. ZIP and other formats are not supported. Even if you specify .zip extension when creating an archive, it will still be in RAR format. Windows users may install WinRAR, which supports more archive types including RAR and ZIP formats.
* RAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides high compression ratios on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
* RAR offers an optional compression algorithm highly optimized for multimedia data.
* RAR provides functionality for creating a ‘solid’ archive, which can raise the compression ratio by 10% – 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
* RAR offers the ability to create and change SFX archives using default and external SFX modules.
* RAR offers the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX.
* RAR offers a number of service functions, such as encrypting files, adding archive comments and repairing physically damaged archives.
What’s new in the latest version
Homepage – https://www.rarlab.com/
Download RAR for Mac OS X Trial (Command line only)
Buy RAR for OSX License